Ball Horticultural Company’s Simply Beautiful program features premium seed and vegetative annuals that are available exclusively to independent garden centers. The program was created to inspire brand loyalty among consumers by embracing the philosophy, “simple to choose and simple to use.” Add to that a comprehensive marketing program that supports an extensive product line, and the result is a win-win, retail-ready and shopper-trusted program.
Bill Calkins, independent garden center business manager for Ball, works closely with the company’s broad grower network and support staff to ensure quality production and on-time availability. “Simply Beautiful offers the ‘best of the best’ core crops plus unique, attention-grabbing varieties,” says Calkins.
The Simply Beautiful program includes more than 500 varieties and relies on best-in-class genetics to produce big-color annuals. In addition, the program is a convenient, flexible option for growers because plant products are accessible in multiple forms, such as rooted liner and premium seed, among others.
Notably, Simply Beautiful offers an array of plants for a variety of landscape applications and containers. Select series and varieties include:•! Two series of angelonia – AngelMist & Serena.
• Fifteen varieties of coleus including ‘Dark Chocolate,’ ‘Henna,’ ‘Indian Summer,’ ‘Electric Lime’ and others.
• Six vigorous series of geraniums, such as Designer, Fantasia, Allure and Showcase.
• Five exceptional impatiens series like Fanfare & Fusion.
• Two lantana series – Landmark & Lucky.
• Two striking verbena series – Aztec & Aztec Magic.
• Six series of spreading petunias, which comprise the trend-setting Suncatcher series and popular Wave petunia family.
Targeted Brand Merchandising
New, information-rich packaging for Simply Beautiful fits handsomely into the décor of any garden center. The merchandising program consists of branded pots, plant tags and a free point-of-purchase kit (poster, benchcard and bench tape) for participating garden centers.
As a complement to the program’s merchandising products, the 306 Premium Pack showcases top-performing vegetative varieties. “The Premium Packs have been found to bring in more dollars per square foot and are easy to grow,” says Calkins.
Key components of the Simply Beautiful innovative marketing campaign include:
• Monthly Retail Report – Each issue includes product information and trends. Sign up at www.ballhort.com/retailers.
• National Publicity – The Simply Beautiful brand targets
millions of consumers through media outlets such as Southern Living, Garden Design and Better Homes & Gardens.
• In-Store Events – Informative presentations conducted by Ball build demand and increase customer loyalty.
• Online Store Locater – Site drives consumers to Simply Beautiful retailers.